Sunday, May 27, 2012

Aaargh!!! Birthday Pirate Cake! 5/2012

Pirate Cake and Cupcakes!

So....I was asked by a lady I used to work with if I could make a Pirate cake for her son's 6th birthday party. It was kind of short notice but I was up for the challenge!! I made my homemade marble cake with just vanilla buttercream. I made the Cake's pirate face out of fondant and attached it to the cake before I dropped it off....funny story....I also made mini pirate faces to go on all the cupcakes. I was up until 3 am making them all, I sat them on the kitchen table overnight to let them harden. The next morning (or should I say an hour before I had to deliver them) my daughter, (15 months old) without my knowledge climbed up onto the kitchen chair and peeled off all the pirate hats of every single fondant pirates and ate them or demolished them!!! OMG...what could I do but laugh and bust into tears because I knew I didn't have time to re-do all of them!! Thankfully Angie (lady who ordered this cake) knows Lila (my daughter) and thought it was really funny and was understanding! Thankfully also I had gone out the day before to purchase pirate cupcake liners and they happen to come with Pirate Flags, so I was able to stick those in the cupcakes instead! Crisis adverted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment