Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy EMS Week!! 5/24/12



My husband works for Sarasota Memorial Hospital and his boss had called me and asked if I could make a cake for EMS week. He wanted a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting that said 'Happy EMS Week' and it needed to be big enough to feed at least 50 people. The only draw back was that he needed it in 2 days...well more like 24 hours because it was late on Tuesday when he called and he needed it Thursday morning! I of course said yes! I never pass up a chance at a new challenge! Let me tell you, you can't tell how big this cake was in this picture, but it was huge!!! It barely fit in my fridge and it weighed at least 25 lbs! I made my Mocha Chocolate Cake with Mocha Chocolate Buttercream! I decided I wanted to decorate the cake a little so I made a stethescope out of fondant and made the EMS symbol out of fondant as well! We went the next day to drop it off and I was excited to see the reactions! My husband went back done there later on to pick up the payment and they told him not only did everyone love the cake, most people went back for seconds!! I absolutely LOVE hearing postive feedback!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment